Yes, finally, we ACTUALLY have sketch #400 this week at Freshly Made Sketches. As we looked back into our files, it has been fun to re-visit old sketches. But now we get to move forward! This week, we not only have a new sketch but we have generous sponsors who have given us fun prizes for our players. The winners will be chosen from the gallery so make sure you play along!
I decided to use this gorgeous set by one of our sponsors, Ellen Hutson. I love all of the “Mondo” series and this holly is no exception. I had a few minutes just to play around with watercolor and decided to experiment on the leaves. I added in some blue with the greens (all Daniel Smith watercolors) and liked the effect. I found an old patterned paper from my stash and a navy base to help highlight the colors in the leaves. This sentiment is from the same Mondo Holly stamp set.
Now to all the fun details. Our prizes are so generous and the whole team is so grateful for the continued support of the crafting industry. Here is the list of actual prizes:
- CAS-ual Fridays Stamps: $25 Gift Code
- Concord & 9th: $25 Gift Code
- Ellen Hutson: $25 Gift Code
- Hero Arts: $25 Gift Code
- Lawn Fawn: $25 Gift Code
- Neat & Tangled: $25 Gift Code
- Newton’s Nook Designs: $25 Store Credit
- Reverse Confetti: $25 Gift Code
- Simon Says Stamp: $25 Gift Code
- Sugar Pea Designs: $25 Gift Certificate
- Taylored Expressions: $25 Gift Code
- Uniko: Clear Stamp Set (In stock, any value)
The winners will be chosen randomly from those who play and link this week so, needless to say, this is the week to play along! Here is the sketch. We chose one that is classic and we hope you’ll enjoy it.
Thanks for stopping in today. I appreciate you taking a few minutes out of your day to visit. Hope the week is great!